Imagine being stuck in something or somewhere and unable to go home. No matter how hard you try, you can’t free yourself. It would be so scary. Especially for a baby! That is why fishing nets should NOT be left unattended this way. Think of how dangerous they can be for wild life.
Luckily, this baby seal got stuck on a day where humans who love animals would intervene. My heavy heart can beat lightly again! YAY! Isn’t this pup adorable?
Fun Seal Facts:
- There are around 33 species of seals
- Seals live on average 25-30 years. Females typically live longer than males.
- Although they are warm blooded, air breathing animals, they spend most of their time at sea, including sleeping underwater. WHOA.
- Female, called cows, seals typically give birth once a year
- Seals’ whiskers help them navigate underwater and aid them in detecting prey