A rescue sloth named Rodrigo is getting some much needed shut eye at the Jaguar Rescue Center in Costa Rica. The volunteers give each sloth their very own teddy bear to cuddle with. The teddy bear is comforting and also makes for an amazing photo opportunity. Isn’t Rodrigo so sweet?!
Sloth Fun Facts:
- Sloths are extremely docile and pose no threat to humans. They look sweet and they are sweet!
- These tree huggers actually spend most of their time in trees (they’re considered arboreal animals). Sloths only leave the trees once a week to come down to do their business. YUP! Only once a week!
- Because of their routine of staying in one spot and moving slowly, sloths are often exposed to predators 🙁 Luckily, they stay high up in trees, making the hunt a bit more of a challenge. YAY!
- Two-toed and three-toed sloths are very similar. The only real difference in appearance (besides their toes) is that the Two-toed sloth is bigger.
- Sloths are really slow. They move at 2-4 meters per minute.
- When facing a predator, sloths know it’s unlikely they will outrun them so they do their best to shriek, bite and slash. Go little sloth, go!